Mark Wiley's Mt. St. Helens Ride
- Cape Horn
- Carson Hot Springs
- Wind River
- Wind River Fish Hatchery
- View of Mt. St. Helens (volcano)
- Yale & Swift reservoirs
-From Columbia Motorcycle, head south on I-5.
-Take the SR14 East (Camas) exit. Follow SR14 along the Washington side of the Columbia River until you get to Carson.
- Turn left on to Wind River Road. Follow Wind River Road past the small town of Stabler.
-When you come to a “Y” in the road just past the fish hatchery, turn right and follow the long switch-back road up the mountain.
- At the top of the mountain are port-a-potties. Follow the road until you see the signs for the “Mt. St. Helens lookout point” and “Northwoods”. The lookout is a must see. On a clear day Mt. St. Helens is in clear view.
- Travel down the mountain into the “Northwoods”. There is a small store there if you're hungry. Cross the bridge and when you come up to the stop sign, turn left, and follow the signs to Cougar.
-A couple miles past Cougar there will be a left turn onto highway SR503 to Amboy/Battle Ground. “Jacks” country store is on the corner. Follow SR503 through Amboy and on to Fargher Lake. The Fargher Lake Inn is well known in the area for their steak dinners.
- Stay on SR503 and follow the Battleground signs. Continue South on SR503 to Vancouver, this is where SR503 turns into SR500.
- Follow SR500 to I-5.
- Take I-5 North to Exit 5, and that brings you back to Columbia Motorcycle.